How we treat your personal data
We’d like to summarise our approach to protecting your privacy in the commitment we make to you. We pledge to:
- only collect information with your consent and which is necessary to allow us to perform the functions and activities you have agreed to.
- make sure our practices, procedures and systems comply with the Data Protection Act (ICO registration number: ZA184916) and the soon to be introduced European General Data Protection Regulations.
- explain in plain language:
- the type of information we collect
- why we are collecting it
- how we store, use, disclose and share it
- tell you about your right to access, correct and delete your information.
- make sure any 3rd parties we share your information with for processing are as diligent as we are in protecting your privacy.
You can always let us know of any concerns you have on email@example.com.
How we collect information about you
Information that you give us.
This will include all the information you provide us on the calculator in our website (the “benefit checker”), online forms, enquiry cards, via telephone calls and interviews and any correspondence. It will include relevant information about your health and lifestyle and your membership of relevant trade unions.
Information we may obtain in providing services to you.
We will obtain information during the course of providing services to you.
Details of your visits to our website.
When you visit our website we may collect the following information automatically:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, the type and version of your browser, your time zone setting, any browser plug-in types and versions, your operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we use the information we collect
We collect this information and will only use it for appropriate purposes. These include:
- carry out the service we‘ve agreed to provide you with
- provide you with any information, products or services you request from us.
- provide you with information about other similar products or services we feel may interest you.
- notify you about changes in our products or services.
- ensure that content on our website is presented in the most efficient manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our website
- for the internal operations of our website, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We also process information you provide us on your application form to join ATL Protect in our role as an appointed representative of Irish Life Assurance plc. If you do not or cannot provide the information required on the application form, then Irish Life will not be able to provide you with the benefits and services of ATL Protect.
How long will we hold your data for?
We will hold your data for as long as required by the relevant rules and regulations governing the services we are providing to you and the marketing purposes for which we are holding your data. At present the relevant rules and regulations specify that we must hold such data for as long as we are providing such services to you.
Information we outsource to third parties
We outsource some of our work in providing our service to you to third parties. We carefully review our third parties’ data protection and privacy policies. Our third party service providers do not have any right to use the information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us in providing our service to you and the other purposes mentioned above, however, we have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties with whom we deal.
Updates on your information by Affinity
As Irish Life are the insurers of ATL Protect, the data we collect about you will be held in a single database accessed by both Irish Life and Affinity. Any data we collect about you, as well as any changes you request we make to your records will affect the records both we and Irish Life hold about you.
We work hard to protect the security of your data. We train our staff on the importance of protecting your personal information and have set up a number of internal data protection procedures which all our staff must follow. We also use encryption to add extra levels of security.
Subject Access: You have a right to be provided with access to any information held about you by Affinity generally within 1 month of your request. If you make this request we will provide you with details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of your information, the categories of the recipients of your information, the storage period or criteria to determine that period, the existence of any wholly automated decision making, the source of the information and the appropriate safeguards that have been put in place if the information has been transferred outside of the EEA. In addition we will inform you of your right to request from Affinity rectification or erasure of or restriction of the processing of your information and the right to object to the processing of such information and also the right to lodge a complaint to a data protection regulator.
Update Inaccuracies: You can ask to have any inaccurate information amended.
Deletion: You can ask us to delete information in certain circumstances and we will take reasonable steps to inform other controllers that are processing the information that you have requested the erasure of any links to, copies or replication of it.
Withdraw your consent: You can withdraw any consents to processing that you have given us and prevent further processing if there is no other ground under which Affinity can process your information.
Restrict our Processing: You can require certain of your information to be marked as restricted whist complaints are resolved and also restrict processing in certain other circumstances.
Get your information moved: You can ask us to transfer a copy of the information that we hold about you to a third party electronically.
Raise a complaint: You can raise a complaint about our processing with the data protection regulator.
Object to direct marketing: You have the right to stop us marketing to you personally.
Prevent profiling: You can stop us processing any of your information for the purposes of profiling.
If you require any additional help in understanding our privacy and data protection policies – we are very happy to hear from you on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Third parties to whom we have contracted the performance of any of the services we are providing to you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- Affinity or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements. and other agreements. This includes passing information to public authorities, law enforcement organisations and regulators, and fraud prevention and anti-money laundering agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Although the transmission of information via the internet cannot be completely secure from intrusion, we will do our best to protect your personal data. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Who We Are
Name: Affinity First Ltd.
UK Company Registration Number: 9876948
UK Information Commissioner’s Office registration number: ZA184916
Registered Address: 6th Floor Charles House, 108-110 Finchley Road, London, NW3 5JJ, London, UK